ABORTION PILL INFORMATION Houma, Louisiana
Free & Confidential Help
Call (985) 872-4994 or text (985) 224-3390 to learn more about the abortion pill and your options in Houma, Louisiana.
ABORTION PILL COSTS
The typical cost for the abortion pill ranges from $350-$700 but could be higher depending on provider. Get the information you need by finding out how far along in pregnancy you are with our free ultrasound services. Call (985) 872-4994 or text (985) 224-3390 or request an appointment for free pregnancy confirmation and ultrasound services.
Free and confidential Abortion Pill Information in Houma, Louisiana.
ABORTION PILL INFORMATION IN HOUMA, LA
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant). The pill (two drugs) is taken in two doses, one typically at a doctor’s office and the other at home.1
The FDA strongly cautions people against buying drugs from certain Internet pharmacies and specifically warns people not to buy the abortion pill on the Internet because it bypasses safeguards.2,3
Medical abortion isn’t an option if you:4
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) currently in place.
- Have a concern that the pregnancy is outside of the uterus. This is called ectopic pregnancy and can be life-threatening.5
- Are further along in your pregnancy than 10 weeks. The FDA has only approved the abortion pill for up to 10 weeks from the LMP. Taking the abortion pill later in pregnancy is associated with increased risk of complications, such as an incomplete abortion or severe bleeding.6
- Have certain medical problems including: bleeding disorders, severe liver or kidney disease, known cardiac disease, or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- Take certain medications including blood thinners or steroids.
- Are allergic to the medicines used.
The gestational age of the pregnancy determines the types of abortion procedures typically used. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound to help determine your abortion procedure options. Request an appointment today.
The abortion pill can be reversed if action is taken after the first dose. More information is available at abortionpillreversal.com.
Contact us to learn more about the abortion pill and your options in Houma, Louisiana.
Call (985) 872-4994, text (985) 224-3390 or request an appointment today.
1. MEDICAL ABORTION
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). “Mifeprex Medication Guide.” U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/mifeprex-mifepristone-information
4. Mayo Clinic. (2022, July 29). Medical abortion: Before Using. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/medical-abortion/about/pac-20394687
Physician’s Desk Reference. (2022). Korlym (mifepristone) Contraindications dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Korlym-mifepristone-2928#11
Physician’s Desk Reference Guide. (2022). Cytotec (misoprostol) dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Cytotec-misoprostol-1044.430#11
5. Mayo Clinic. (2022, March 12). Ectopic pregnancy – Symptoms and causes. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ectopic-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372088
6. 2. U.S. Food & Drug Administration. (2016, March 30). Mifeprex (mifepristone) Information. Retrieved April 18, 2019, from http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm111323.htm.