What is the Abortion Pill in Galliano-Golden Meadow, LA?
Get information from a trusted source.
Real Choices Real facts Real Help
HELP STARTS HERE FREE & CONFIDENTIAL
What Is The Abortion Pill?
The abortion pill is a medical abortion that is also known as RU-486. This type of abortion uses two drugs – Mifeprex™(mifepristone) and Misoprostol. Mifeprex™ blocks the progesterone hormone which is needed for pregnancy to continue. When used together with Misoprostol, it will end an early pregnancy (70 days or less since the first day of the last menstrual period or 10 wks LMP).
How Is It Taken?
The FDA has approved a dosing regimen:
- On Day One: 200 mg of Mifeprex™ taken by mouth
- 24 to 48 hours after taking Mifeprex™: 800 mcg of misoprostol taken buccally (in the cheek pouch), at a location appropriate for the patient
- About seven to fourteen days after taking Mifeprex™: follow-up with the healthcare provider
The documented side effects of the abortion pill include abdominal pain, severe cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, dizziness, fever and chills.
Risks include seeing embryonic parts expelled, possible life-threatening infection known as sepsis (severe systemic infection), some fail to abort (which may require an additional surgical abortion procedure to complete the termination), undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy, and possible hemorrhaging.
Information is lacking about the long-term mental health effects of medical abortion, particularly, how women feel about giving themselves an abortion, and seeing fetal parts expelled.
According to the FDA, some women should not take Mifeprex™. A woman should not take Mifeprex™ if it has been more than 70 days since the first day of her last menstrual period, or if she:
- has an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside of the uterus)
- has problems with the adrenal glands (the glands near the kidneys)
- is currently being treated with long-term corticosteroid therapy (medications)
- has had an allergic reaction to mifepristone, misoprostol or similar drugs
- has bleeding problems or is taking anticoagulant (blood thinning) drug products
- has inherited porphyria
- has an intrauterine device (IUD) in place (it must be removed before taking Mifeprex™)
Women who have taken Mifeprex™ should follow their healthcare provider’s instructions should they experience any side effects or complications such as:
- Sustained fever, severe abdominal pain, prolonged heavy bleeding, or fainting.
- Abdominal pain or discomfort, or general malaise (“feeling sick,” including weakness, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, with or without fever)
Though not as common, other medical abortions include methotrexate, misoprostol, or lethal injections for late-term abortions. Each comes with their own procedures and risks.
Before taking the Abortion Pill or any other medication, get information from a trusted source so that you understand how it works and the possible side effects.
The Hope Restored Pregnancy Resource Center does not perform or refer for abortions.
How Can We Help?
What If I Have Second Thoughts?
Are you having second thoughts or regrets about your abortion decision? It may not be too late to change your mind. If you’ve taken the first dose of the abortion pill, Mifepristone (Mifeprex or RU-486) there is an effective process for reversing the procedure, called abortion pill reversal. The process uses the progesterone hormone, which has shown to counteract the effects of the abortion pill.
Women have successfully continued their pregnancies and given birth to healthy babies after reversal progesterone treatment was given under doctor’s care. Any attempts to counteract the abortion pill should not be done without the assistance of a medical professional. For more information go to: www.abortionpillreversal.org or call 877-558-0333.
Abortion Pill Galliano-Golden Meadow, LA 70354, 70357
Galliano–Golden Meadow Galliano is located on the Bayou Lafourche in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, Louisiana Highway 1 runs through the community along the west bank of Bayou Lafourche, while Highway 308 runs along the east side. Two bridges cross Bayou Lafourche within the CDP. Highway 3235 runs through the west side of the community. Golden Meadow French: Canal Yankee is a town along Bayou Lafourche in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana,. It is part of the Houma–Bayou Cane–Thibodaux Metropolitan Statistical Area. Its main sources of revenue are from speeding tickets, property tax, sales tax, and from the oil and gas industry.